Underwrap | Pre Tape Foam Roll 7cm x 27m BLACK
WHAT IS UNDERWRAP?
Acting as a thin barrier, UNDERWRAP pre-tape is wrapped around a joint or muscle, before overlaying it with strapping tape. This has the advantage of protecting the skin, allowing for easy and pain-free removal.
- COMFORTABLE - The lightweight polyurethane foam is featherlight on the skin yet durable and protective
- ADHESIVE FREE - Non-sticky yet lightly rubberised to touch, it prevents slipping on the skin.
- 200% STRETCH - Extra stretchy to allow for comfort and movement. It contours to the joint or limb.
- HAND TEARABLE - No scissors are required. The lightweight fabric is easily hand torn.
- WATER REPELLANT - Made exclusively from lightweight polyurethane foam. Its porous and water-repellant.
- HYPOALLERGENIC - Hypoallergenic and latex free, it's a great solution for people with sensitive skin.
WHY USE UNDERWRAP?
01 PROTECT THE SKIN Protect your skin from the potential irritation of wearing adhesive tapes (i.e. Zinc Oxide & EAB). Acting as a thin barrier, UNDER WRAP Pre-Wrap is applied before overlaying it with strapping tape, meaning glue never touches the skin.
02 ADHESIVE FREE Perfect if you have sensitive skin, but still need to be taped. Our UNDER WRAP is non-sticky yet lightly rubberised to touch. It prevents slipping on the skin, keeping bandages and tapes in place.
03 LIGHTWEIGHT Our pre wrap UNDER WRAP is hardly noticeable. The lightweight polyurethane foam is featherlight on the skin yet strong enough to be applied under tension. The breathable design creates a comfortable barrier between your skin and strapping tape.
WHEN SHOULD I USE UNDERWRAP?
You should use UNDERWRAP anytime you want to use a Strapping tape, but don’t want to stick anything directly to the skin. This could be due to allergies, player preference, comfort or the are being too hairy to tape.
HOW LONG WILL UNDERWRAP LAST?
UNDERWRAP will only last the length of one strapping application. It will be easily ripped and removed when the main application on top is removed.
HOW DOES UNDERWRAP WORK?
UNDERWRAP works by prevents you from sticking any tape directly to the skin. The foam creates a thin barrier between the skin and strapping tape above.
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN UNDERWRAP & FIXATION TAPE?
Although both tapes are designed protect the skin prior to taping, which one you choose will depend on the area that you’re taping, whether any glue is allowed to touch the skin and whether you have time to cut strips of Fixation Tape.
UNDERWRAP is primarily used to protect your skin from the potential irritation of wearing adhesive tapes (i.e. Zinc Oxide & EAB). Acting as a thin barrier, Underwrap is applied before overlaying with strapping tape.
It’s also highly effective against tape chafing and alternatively, can be used to secure cold packs and bandages in place during use. It’s made from a lightweight foam that is porous, water-repellent and really easy to use.
FIXATION TAPE is rigid and can’t be ripped by hand, so you’ll need a pair of scissors to cut your strips. Because it’s adhesive there’s no need to wrap an entire joint and you can use smaller strips as anchors to help ZINC OXIDE tape stay in place more effectively.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I APPLY PRE-WRAP INCORRECTLY?
The worst that can happen if that you create an uncomfortable application. You are unlikely to causes and circulatory issues when only applying UNDERWRAP.
HOW DO YOU MAKE A HEADBAND OUT OF PRE WRAP?
Making a headband from UNDERWRAP is really easy.
1. Rip off a good length of pre wrap (about the circumference of your neck)
2. Bring the pre wrap behind your head and tie the ends together
3. Rip off any excess UNDERWRAP after tieing
4. Stretch the UNDERWRAP over your head and manipulate it to the width you want
Need First Aid, Emergency Medical, Fire or Safety training?
- Stock: 169
- Model: UWBL
- Weight: 0.00kg