It's match day. Keep your head in the game, not on your socks. Our game-changing SOCK TAPE keeps socks and shin pads firmly in place. Choose from 9 colours to to match your kit and satisfy the the tight FAI regulations. Next day delivery nationwide for orders placed before 1pm.
MATCH DAY GUARANTEE
This is no off-the-shelf PVC electrical tape. Unlike others, masquerading as “sock tape”, we have created a tape specifically for sport.
Guaranteed to last at least 90 minutes. Our SOCK TAPE stretches enough to allow for muscle expansion, yet recoils with force to hold your socks and shin pads in place. The glue is extra sticky but not gunky, so no nasty residue is left on your kit.
SOCK TAPE FEATURES
- DESIGNED FOR FOOTBALL - Our SOCK TAPE has greater stretch and stronger recoil than other football tapes.
- FOOTBALL - TAPE The No 1 choice for budget conscious clubs don't want to compromise on quality.
- 9 COLOURS - Choose from 9 colours to to match your kit and satisfy the the tight FA regulations.
- HAND TEARABLE - Our SOCK TAPE can be torn by hand. Your socks and shin pads can be taped in seconds.
- EASY TO APPLY - The tape unwinds from the roll in a silky smooth fashion all the way down to the core.
- PREMIUM GLUE - Our glue strikes the perfect balance. It holds-fast yet leaves no residue.
WHY USE SOCK TAPE?
01 FLEIXBLE HOLD
Our SOCK TAPE is made from a PVC specially chosen for use in sport. It stretches to 175%, allowing space for muscle expansion beneath the tape when playing sport. This prevents over-compression that can reduce blood flow known as 'tourniquet'.
02 VERSATILE TAPING
Not just a football tape, it can be used for everything from securing line-out blocks in rugby to protecting dressings and laces.
03 9 COLOURS
The FA rules state that “football tape or any material applied or worn externally must be the same colour as that part of the sock it is applied to or covers. Our SOCK TAPE comes in 9 colours to match your team kit.
USES FOR SOCK TAPE
SOCK TAPE is one of the most versatile tapes in your kitbag. It's easy to self-apply and is one of the most used football tapes.
- SOCK TAPE ALTERNATIVE Secure your shin pads with minimal tape. If you don’t like the feel of a thicker COHESIVE BANDAGE then SOCK TAPE is your best bet. 9 Colours means that you can match your tape to your football sock colour and play in comfort.
- FOOTBALL TAPE Tape your socks just above your shin pads and they’ll hold strong for the entire game. Thousands of football players use SPORTTAPE SOCK TAPE every weekend.
- SECURING STRAPPING The final layer of your EAB applications. SOCK TAPE is used to fully secure lifting blocks after EAB has been applied in rugby. It’s also used to hold tape in place around the head and ears.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SOCK TAPE AND ELECTRICAL TAPE?
Our SOCK TAPE is made from a PVC specially chosen for use in sport. It stretches to 175%, allowing space for muscle expansion beneath the tape when playing sport. This prevents over-compression that can reduce blood flow known as ‘tourniquet’.
IS SOCK TAPE WATERPROOF?
Yes, SOCK TAPE is made from a waterproof PVC so it will hold steady no matter the conditions. Just don’t apply to wet kit.
CAN SOCK TAPE BE RE-USED?
Unfortunately SOCK TAPE is single use only.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I APPLY SOCK TAPE INCORRECTLY?
Due to the nature of the tape if applied incorrectly you can inhibit blood flow. Therefore we would always recommend that you check circulation post application and during your match.
WHAT ARE THE FA RULES ON SOCK TAPE?
The FA RULES STATE that any tape or any material applied or worn externally must be the same colour as that part of the sock it is applied to or covers. Shinguards must be made of a suitable material to provide reasonable protection and covered by the socks.
Our SOCK TAPE comes in 9 colours and will help keep your socks over your shin pads.
WHAT TAPE DO FOOTBALLERS USE ON THEIR SOCKS?
Footballers use 2 main tapes on their socks, SOCK TAPE and SOCK WRAP (otherwise known as COHESIVE). Each serves a different purpose. SOCK TAPE holds up socks, whilst SOCK WRAP keeps shin pads in place and bridges the gap between a cut off sock and the team sock. To discover more read OUR BLOG.