SPORTTAPE Cohesive Bandage AKA Sock Wrap or Vet Wrap
A fool proof tape available in 14 different colours and 4 different sizes. Tear-by-hand and quickly apply, to support a joint, compress an injury or secure your shin pads.
WHAT IS COHESIVE BANDAGE?
An essential in every pitch-side kit bag. COHESIVE BANDAGE is a flexible multi-purpose tape that’s; easy to apply, sticks to itself (not to the skin), hand tearable and lightweight.
Generally used for “quick fixes” COHESIVE BANDAGE can be used for many things, including; finger taping, joint support (wrists for goal keepers) compression, underwrap and to hold football shin pads in place.
Available in four sizes, COHESIVE BANDAGE can be used to offer varying levels of support and compression.
- NARROW 2.5CM x 4.5M | Finger Bandage | Fingers, thumbs and wrists. Rugby, Goal Keeping, Gymnastics.
- STANDARD 5CM x 4.5M | Football Sock Wrap | Wrists, Fingers, Hands, Shins. Football, Rugby, Netball, General Use.
- WIDE 7.5CM & 10CM X 4.5M | Large Joints | Ankles, Elbows, Knees, Thighs. Football, Rugby, Basketball, General Use.
COHESIVE BANDAGE COLOURS
These are 14 colours available in our 5cm and 7.5cm rolls. Ideal to match your team colours!
Black, Blue, Sky Blue, Navy, White, Red, Orange, Purple, Pink, Dark Green, Mint Green, Yellow, Maroon
COHESIVE BANDAGE FEATURES
- SELF-ADHESIVE Adhesive-free, it sticks to itself and not the skin. It can also be re-used and re-applied.
- COMPRESSION Delivers compression and support without needing to stick to the skin.
- VARIABLE SUPPORT You decide on the tension and level of support and it will hold fast
- NO. 1 SOCK WRAP Secure your shin guards and match your grip socks with ease.
- HAND TEARABLE No need for scissors. Quickly wrap and rip to apply. Perfect for rapidly securing dressings.
- CONTAINS LATEX Our COHESIVE BANDAGE contains LATEX. Please avoid if you have a latex allergy.
WHY WEAR COHESIVE BANDAGE?
- SECURE SUPPORT COHESIVE BANDAGE is your go-to self adhesive tape when you need to secure something in a hurry. Used heavily in football to secure shin pads and hold socks in place.
- COMPRESSION BANDAGE There's no substitute for COHESIVE BANDAGE when it comes to compression. A huge advantage is that it can be re-applied, meaning you can intermittently apply compression for best results!
- FLEXIBLE PROTECTION More tension, less tension, more layers, less layers. COHESIVE BANDAGE can be applied to provide varying degrees of compression and support. You decide.
COMMON USES FOR COHESIVE BANDAGE
Cohesive Bandage is an incredible versatile tape. It is has many uses as you will discover once you get your hands on a roll.
- FOOTBALL SOCK WRAP Many football players cut off their club socks to be able to use ‘grip socks’. COHESIVE BANDAGE is used to bridge the gap between the two. It provides comfortable compression that will easily last an entire football match.
- FINGER BANDAGE Sometimes referred to as Coban. BEINGE COHESIVE BANDAGE is used a lot in hospitals, physiotherapy clinics and vet practices to provide compression and support to the fingers and hand as a finger splint or finger bandage. Our 2.5cm COHESIVE finger tape provides strong thumb and finger support that can be used multiple times.
- COMPRESSION BANDAGE There’s no substitute for COHESIVE BANDAGE when it comes to use as a compression wrap. It can be used to lightly wrap and support minor injuries, stretched tightly around the skin for heavy compression or used to secure ice packs.
WHAT IS COHESIVE TAPE USED FOR?
COHESIVE BANDAGE is generally used for “quick fixes” such as applying a compression bandage to limit swelling within a joint, to secure socks and shin guards when playing football, protecting goalkeeper’s fingers & wrists from hyperextension.
CAN YOU WASH COHESIVE BANDAGE?
Yes – COHESIVE BANDAGE is the only re-useable tape in the SPORTTAPE range. It contains no glue so won’t stick to your skin or hair. It only sticks to itself so can technically be washed and used again if removed carefully.
IS COHESIVE BANDAGE WATERPOOF?
The outside of COHESIVE BANDAGE is coated with a water-resistant layer which allows it to repel water whilst maintaining it’s breathability. It can be worn safely in wet conditions without losing it’s adherence, but should not be submerged in water for long periods of time as only the outside of the roll is water resistant.
However, because the bandage is self-adhesive it can easily roll and fold into various shapes that can very time consuming to unravel.
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COHESIVE & EAB?
Although they are both elastic compression bandages, COHESIVE and EAB serve 2 very different purposes and have very different properties.
- Contains NO GLUE. It is self-adherent.
- Has a higher stretch level, and much lower tensile strength than EAB.
- Is most commonly used as a compression bandage in non-sporting settings.
CAN COHESIVE BANDAGE BE RE-USED?
COHESIVE BANDAGE contains no glue and is self-adherent. If you carefully remove your cohesive application it can be washed and re-used a handful of times.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I APPLY COHESIVE TAPE INCORRECTLY?
Due to the nature of the tape if applied incorrectly you can inhibit blood flow. Therefore we would always recommend that you check circulation post application and during activity.
WHAT IS COHESIVE USED FOR IN FOOTBALL?
COHESIVE BANDAGE is used to bridge the gap between the top of the ‘grip’ sock and the bottom of your cut-off team sock, creating the illusion of a single sock. This also helps to keep the bottom of the shin pad in place.
It’s often used in conjunction with SOCK TAPE for the perfect fit.
WHAT IS YOUR COHESIVE BANDAGE MADE FROM?
Our fabric is constructed from high strength synthetic fibres, polyurethane elastic yarn and a cohesive rubber latex compound. This allows it to conform to the body without bunching or rolling down.