Do I have to have a first aid room at my workplace?
Premises must have one or more first aid rooms if the Safety Statement risk assessment shows that it is necessary and based on the following criteria:
- Premises size
- Type of activity being carried out
- Frequency of accidents arising
- Existence of special hazards
- Distance from nearest appropriate medical facility.
What should be considered when planning and designing first aid rooms?
A number of factors need to be considered when planning, designing and equipping first aid rooms:
- Location to take account of proximity to work areas and access for transport to hospital
- Sufficient size to include equipment
- Entrance wide enough to accommodate ambulance trolley, stretcher
- Impervious floor covering, with surfaces easy to clean
- Sink facilities with hot and cold running water
- Provision of telephone
|Download our Relequip range brochure||Review our frequently asked questions on first aid|